For those wishing to post announcements, here's the deal.
This is a free service. There is no charge for announcements nor are there any charges for subscribers. I'll be happy to launch announcements to the list if you'll do the following:
1. One announcement per message. Make the subject the position title, add the location, and any clearance required. ex. communication specialist (Afghanistan)(clearance req’d). Please include ‘req’d’.
2. Make the announcement the text of the message, not an attachment.
3. No embedded graphics. They cause .mil domains to strip content.
4. Send all list related traffic to me at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Don't send anything to the list itself because it's just extra steps to work or they get tagged as spam.
5. Make sure the POC information is clearly stated at either the beginning or end of each announcement.
6. Please do not ask me to send your announcement out every week, or even every other week. Although the subscriber list is dynamic it does not change more than 30 or so people a week. I’m sure you understand new announcements are more productive than resending the same announcements to the same people.
7. Please limit the number of announcements you send at one time to between 5-8.
8. If you subscribe to the list you'll see your post and everything else I send out. Go to the following link https://lists.specopsnet.org/list/jobs.lists.specopsnet.org and add yourself.
9. Delete any messages you don't care to read.
I launch announcements first in, first out (FIFO), so if you don't see your announcement(s) right away know they are in the queue and will go out in order soon. I limit announcements to 20/day to avoid clogging email servers or inboxes.
Specopsnet.org currently numbers about ~11,000 subscribers. A large percentage of list subscribers are deployed and/or have limited connect time or small bandwidth so anything we can do to make it easier for them to see the individual posts of interest to them helps a great deal.
I would really appreciate feedback on any successes you have. Just knowing this service helps is a great incentive to me to keep it running.
This is my 'night', actually my 'early morning' work, so if you don't see something immediately please understand I'm trying to get other things done as well.
Thanks for your help and support. Stay safe and healthy!
De Oppresso Liber.
>>----> >>----> >>----> >>----> >>---->
G.M. "zak" Kozak
USA Special Forces, Retired